The following are some questions asked by the customers when it comes to the selection of a used conveyor belt.
Why Should You Buy Used Conveyors Belt?
It is one of the obvious questions for used conveyor belts. The following are some reasons that prove that the used belt installation is beneficial compared to the new ones.
- Used conveyor belts cost much less as compare to new ones. As it is used-industrial equipment, the price of the equipment decreases without much fall in the efficiency.
- The rummage-sale conveyors are readily available. Unlike new conveyor belts, the used conveyors need no production time, which leads to a time decrease in the delivery of the final goods.
- The previous user already tested the performance of used belt conveyors. Therefore, the valuable data and parameters recorded by the first handler can give you an exact idea about the occupation of the used conveyor.
How Much Money Can You Save On Used Conveyors?
Generally, you can assume to get nearly 30 to 40% cost reduction than the new conveyor if you purchase a used or surplus conveyor belt. However, the cost of used conveyors can differ according to the supplier and delivery necessities.
Does The Maximum Load Capacity Of The Used Belt Remain Same As New?
The maximum load capacity of the conveyor belt remains the same across the lifespan. The conveyor belt manufacturers specifically design belts for a calculated load-carrying capability against the calculated lifespan. Therefore, the load-carrying ability of the used belt conveyor is predictable to be nearly similar to the new one. You can expect a slight rebound incapacity because of operational losses.
Can The Used Conveyor System Be Customized?
Yes, you can customize the used conveyor belt systems for specific applications. You can change components such as motors, pulleys, etc., based on the customization necessities. You can manage parameters such as belt installation, inclinations, roller support, etc., based on operational requirements.
Can You Reduce Carbon Footprint By Opting For Used Belt Conveyors?
A decrease in carbon footprint comes as an extra benefit of using surplus conveyors. It helps the handler to reduce the carbon mark on personal ends. As the industrial equipment you can reuse, it does minimize carbon marks during operation if you follow all operational requirements correctly. On the belt manufacturer’s end, it is helpful as a decrease in the need for manufacturing new conveyor belts results in a reduction in manufacturing procedures, which eventually reduces the carbon mark.
How Do You Select The Correct Used Conveyor For Your Applications?
The selection of a used belt conveyor is the same as choosing a new conveyor. You have to consider the following factors.
- Load carrying capacity
- Tension in belt
- Power requirements
- Belt and pulley dimensions
- Maximum operation speed
- Performance parameters and inclusive efficiency
- Tolerance to external factors.
Do You Get Installation And Maintenance Services For Used Conveyors?
Yes, no matter new or used, the belt conveyors want proper installation and maintenance services. Being constantly operating mechanical units, the conveyor belts require occasional troubleshooting and belt maintenance which the supplier provided. Moreover, the installation of conveyor belt systems requires skilled labor and premeditated adjustments, so the suppliers offer installation services.